Welcome to the Municipal
Solid-Waste properties website.
This website presents results from the NSF-funded
research titled "Evaluation of MSW static and
More information on the properties of MSW will
become available as the research project
- July 2010: New paper published: Zekkos, D., Athanasopoulos, G. A.,
Bray, J .D., Theodoratos, A., and Grizi, A. (2010), “Large-scale Direct
Shear Testing of Municipal Solid Waste”, Waste Management
Journal, 30 pp. 1544–1555. Contact us for a free copy.
- May 15th, 2009: New paper published: Bray, J. D., Zekkos, D.,
Kavazanjian, E., Jr., Athanasopoulos, G. A., Riemer, M. F. (2009),
"Shear strength of Municipal Solid Waste", Journal of Geotechnical
and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, June 2009, Vol. 135, No. 6,
pp. 709-722. Contact us for a free copy.
- June 1st, 2008: Zekkos, D., Bray, J. D., Stokoe, K., Kavazanjian, E.,
Rathje, E., Athanasopoulos, G. A., Riemer, M., Matasovic, N., Lee, J. J.,
Seos, B. (2008), “Recent Findings on the Static and Dynamic
Properties of Municipal Solid Waste”, ASCE-Geoinstitute
Geocongress 2008, Geotechnics of Waste Management and
Remediation, eotechnical Special Publication (GSP) #177, pp. 176-
183. Contact us for a free copy.
- June 1st, 2008: Zekkos, D., Bray, J.D., and Riemer, M.F. (2008)
“Shear Modulus and Material Damping of Municipal Solid Waste
Based on Large-Scale Cyclic Triaxial Testing,”Canadian
Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 45, No. 1, 2008, pp. 45-58. go!
- December 1st, 2007: Added paper titled "Response of Municipal
Solid Waste from Tri-Cities landfill in Triaxial Compression"
presented in the Proceedings Sardinia 2007, Eleventh International
Waste Management and Landfill Symposium. go!
- July 28th, 2007: Added section on stress-strain-strength response of
MSW. Included paper presented in the 4th International Conference
on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering. go!
- September 9th, 2006: Dimitrios Zekkos' PhD Thesis on "Evaluation of
Static and Dynamic Properties of Municipal Solid-Waste" was
- June 4th, 2006: Added section on dynamic properties of MSW.
Included paper presented in the 8th National Conference on
Earthquake Engineering, San Francisco, May 2006. go!
|NSF project: EVALUATION OF
STATIC AND DYNAMIC PROPERTIES
OF MUNICIPAL SOLID-WASTE
Research funded by: